This will be an accumulation of gun grabbing activities across the country; in Washington, DC AND at the state level, where are coordinated efforts underway.
This first and most frightening piece comes out of Washington State. When liberals are in a hurry or overly giddy, they make a serious mistake and reveal their true intent. Annual home searches by police for ‘assault rifles’; an ‘accidental’ inclusion in the bill? Only in that it was probably the second shoe that is supposed to be dropped later.
Both Minnesota AND Missouri had nearly identical bills filed – ones that DEMAND ALL ‘assault rifles’ be turned into the police within 90-180 days from the passage of the bills:
Colorado is working on limiting magazines and rolling back a concealy carry provision for college campuses. Some of the arguments presented for the latter are getting downright silly. Then there are the police advising to confront shooters- unarmed. One Dem state senator suggested fighting back, armed with…. pens.
- New York Democrats, not satisfied with their recently pass restricts, have proposed a requirement to carry a $1 million liability (estimated annual cost; $1600 – $2000) to own ANY gun. Protection only for the rich, apparently.
- Federal court lets Illinois Conceal Carry stand
- Oregon Democrats have proposed a ban on most modern weapons & magazines, restriction of ownership to a single gun, and house searches by government agencies ‘as needed’.
- New Jersey Democrats ram through anti-gun legislation, so poorly written, it conflicts with other laws. Fight in State Senate up next.
Department of Justice admits an assault weapons ban is “unlikely to have an effect on gun violence,” – WITHOUT the kind of massive buyback/confiscation that occurred in Australia – And then the effect would ONLY be on the rare mass casualty events that are less than 1% of homicides by guns.
Gun Manufacturers are fighting back:
- Several gun makers have committed to sell weapons rendered illegal to civilians to the police agencies in those states and cities
- Colorado magazine manufacture threatens to leave state over gun rights limitation efforts in state (Come to Texas!)
- Here is the list of ALL companies standing with the citizen at the risk of sales
And the state of Texas certainly is fighting back:
- Rep. James White is proposing optional Gun Training classes be permitted in the high Schools
And technology like 3D printing will REALLY foil attempts to limit magazine capacity,